20130830

Beach Day with My Girls ❀❀❀

The day right after my colonoscopy, I headed off for my very first beach day this year with Vikki and Sarah! I know, I'm so hardcore, right? Barely out of the hospital and already out to play. ;) Well I didn't want to waste my half day of holiday from work... Technically it wasn't a "holiday" - sorry, wrong choice of word - just a day off from my internship to let myself get some rest. But ironically, I felt restless, and after days of being stuck in bed I refused to spend another full day indoors.


Selfies before I left home! I never ever wear bikinis... reason being, I never ever go to beaches or pools because I actually really hate the sun as I tan super easily. I tan even when I'm just sitting at home next to the window, no joke. =.= It took me years to become "normal" coloured for a Chinese girl fml. But summer isn't summer without at least ONE visit to the beach! So off I went to Shek O Beach! The weather that day was gorgeous as well. It was such good luck because Hong Kong had been raining every single day before our beach day. We sure picked the right time to go! :)















The world's most awful (and laughable) tan line... the moccasin tan line! Basically the only shoes I wear are moccasins. I have three pairs. And now whatever I do I can't get rid of this horrendous shade difference in my feet. =.=




























































We actually wanted to have a nice dinner in Taihang after the beach but unfortunately I had to have blood tests done the next morning, which meant that I had to be empty stomached 12 hours before. By the time we left Shek O it was already almost 8:00PM, and my blood tests were scheduled for 8:30AM the next morning (so I could get them all done and get to work on time). We had to eat at the nearest spot so we ended up at Taikoo Shing's UCC Café Ferie, where I ordered a hamburger steak with garlic bread and spaghetti. The meat itself was not bad but the spaghetti was so bland... which was okay with me cos anything was better than plain congee and soy milk at that point LOL.

Okay that's it for this post! It's waaay long overdue (one month!) phew!

I had my last day of work today... can't believe my two-month internship is over, time really flies! I'll be going back to school for my final year of university on Monday. I'm afraid of the challenges I'll encounter but excited at the same time. Does that make sense?


FIND ME ELSEWHERE:
facebook / bloglovin' / twitter / tumblr / instagram / lookbook / youtube

No comments: